1. (often followed by “to”) to devote (oneself, one's time, etc.) wholly to a special purpose or cause; commit wholeheartedly or unreservedly
2. (followed by “to”) to address or inscribe (a book, artistic performance, etc.) to a person, cause, etc. as a token of affection or respect
3. (followed by “to”) to request or play (a record) on radio for another person as a greeting
4. to assign or allocate to a particular project, function, etc.
5. to set apart for a deity or for sacred uses; consecrate
6. an archaic word for dedicated
A dedicate marker