-verb (mainly intr.)
1. (also trans.) often followed by “up” . to go up or ascend (stairs, a mountain, etc.)
2. (often followed by “along”) to progress with difficulty
3. to rise to a higher point or intensity
4. to incline or slope upwards
5. to ascend in social position
6. (of plants) to grow upwards by twining, using tendrils or suckers, etc.
7. (informal) (followed by “into”) to put (on) or get (into)
8. to be a climber or mountaineer
9. the act or an instance of climbing
10. a place or thing to be climbed, especially a route in mountaineering
Someone ought to tell her
That social climbing isn’t quite
That literal or acrobatic.