–verb (used without object)
1. to deviate temporarily from a straight course, as a ship.
2. (of an aircraft) to have a motion about its vertical axis.
3. (of a rocket or guided missile) to deviate from a stable flight attitude by oscillation of the longitudinal axis in the horizontal plane.
–verb (used with object)
4. to cause to yaw.
5. a movement of deviation from a direct course, as of a ship.
6. a motion of an aircraft about its vertical axis.
7. an angle, to the right or left, determined by the direction of motion of an aircraft or spacecraft and its vertical and longitudinal plane of symmetry.
8. (of a rocket or guided missile)
a. the act of yawing.
b. the angular displacement of the longitudinal axis due to yawing.
Pathology . one of the lesions of yaws, an infectious, non-venereal tropical disease, primarily of children, characterized by raspberry-like eruptions of the skin and caused by a spirochete, Treponema Pertenue, that is closely related to the agent of syphilis.
Wrapped around my beer
Is it the world yawing
Or is it me?
haiku 18th October 2017
3 days ago