1. a container or machine in which cream or milk is agitated to make butter.
2. any of various containers or machines similar in shape or action to a butter churn, as a device for mixing beverages.
3. British . a large milk can.
4. an act of churning stocks by a stockbroker.
–verb (used with object)
5. to agitate in order to make into butter.
6. to make (butter) by the agitation of cream.
7. to shake or agitate with violence or continued motion.
8. (of a stockbroker) to trade (a customer's securities) excessively in order to earn more in commissions.
–verb (used without object)
9. to operate a churn.
10. to move or shake in agitation, as a liquid or any loose matter.
11. (of a stockbroker) to engage in the practice of churning.
Making snow flakes
Question of the Month: Introverts on Book Tour
2 weeks ago