1. a retailer of small articles, especially a peddler of fruits and vegetables; hawker.
2. a person who employs showy methods to effect a sale, win votes, etc.
3. a cheaply mercenary person.
4. Informal .
a. a persuasive and aggressive salesperson.
b. a person who works in the advertising industry, especially one who prepares aggressive advertising for radio and television.
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
5. to deal, as in small articles, or to make petty bargains.
6. to sell or promote in an aggressive and flashy manner.
The vegetable man
Needs not be an huckster
His wares are selling
By sheer virtue of their look.
17th July 2018
8 hours ago