1. a small particle of bread, cake, etc., that has broken off.
2. a small particle or portion of anything; fragment; bit.
3. the soft inner portion of a bread ( distinguished from crust).
4. crumbs, a cake topping made of sugar, flour, butter, and spice, usually crumbled on top of the raw batter and baked with the cake.
5. Slang . a contemptibly objectionable or worthless person.
–verb (used with object)
6. Cookery . to dress or prepare with crumbs.
7. to break into crumbs or small fragments.
8. to remove crumbs from
I have learnt
To scrub my memory
For crumbs of our story
Shaking them loose
To be lost to the drafts of times
The background picture is copyright of Willow of Willow Manor, who has put it forth as a writing prompt.
Join the writing fun at Magpie Tales.
Fire Assembly Point
14 hours ago