1. of or going to the root or origin; fundamental.
2. thoroughgoing or extreme, esp. as regards change from accepted or traditional forms.
3. favouring drastic political, economic, or social reforms.
4. forming a basis or foundation.
5. existing inherently in a thing or person.
6. Mathematics .
a. pertaining to or forming a root.
b. denoting or pertaining to the radical sign.
c. (of a function) not capable of being expressed exactly as a ratio of two polynomials (also called irrational)
7. Grammar . of or pertaining to a root.
8. Botany . of or arising from the root or the base of the stem.
9. a person who holds or follows strong convictions or extreme principles; extremist.
10.a person who advocates fundamental political, economic, and social reforms by direct and often uncompromising methods.
a. a quantity expressed as a root of another quantity.
b. the set of elements of a ring, some power of which is contained in a given ideal.
c. radical sign: the symbol √ indicating extraction of a root of the quantity that follows it.
a. Group: two or more atoms specifically arranged, as the hydroxyl group, –OH..
b. as in “free radical”: an atom or molecule that bears an unpaired electron and is extremely reactive, capable of engaging in rapid chain reactions that destabilize other molecules and generate many more free radicals: in the body, deactivated by antioxidants, uric acid, and certain enzyme activities.
13.Grammar . root, in particular
a. a morpheme that underlies an inflectional or derivational paradigm
b. such a form reconstructed for a parent language.
14.(in Chinese writing) one of 214 ideographic elements used in combination with phonetics to form thousands of different characters.
You like to focus
Ravaging your body,
Against that unlawful lot
Only one cure:
Let them eat cake!
(and not your cells)
Let them eat cake!
Green tea cake.
15 hours ago