1. bearing, producing, or capable of producing vegetation, crops, etc., abundantly; prolific.
2. bearing or capable of bearing offspring.
3. abundantly productive.
4. producing an abundance (usually followed by “of” or “in” ).
5. conducive to productiveness.
6. Biology .
a. fertilized, as an egg or ovum; fecundated.
b. capable of growth or development, as seeds or eggs.
7. Botany .
a. capable of producing sexual reproductive structures.
b. capable of causing fertilization, as an anther with fully developed pollen.
c. having spore-bearing organs, as a frond.
8. Physics . (of a nuclide) capable of being transmuted into a fissile nuclide by irradiation with neutrons: Uranium 238 and thorium 232 are fertile nuclides.
9. produced in abundance.
Dispensing future dreams.
The cat turns over.
21st July 2018
10 hours ago