1. a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.
2. a playfully mischievous person; scamp.
3. a tramp or vagabond.
4. a rogue elephant or other animal of similar disposition.
5. Biology. a usually inferior organism, esp. a plant, varying markedly from the normal.
–verb (used without object)
6. to live or act as a rogue.
–verb (used with object)
7. to cheat.
8. to uproot or destroy (plants, etc., that do not conform to a desired standard).
9. to perform this operation upon.
10.(of an animal) having an abnormally savage or unpredictable disposition, as a rogue elephant.
11.no longer obedient, belonging, or accepted and hence not controllable or answerable; deviating, renegade
A rogue imp
Petrified in the act
Of stealing a basket of strawberries
Vexes senses of justice
And good taste.