–verb (used without object)
1. to take the rest afforded by a suspension of voluntary bodily functions and the natural suspension, complete or partial, of consciousness; cease being awake.
2. Botany. to assume, especially at night, a state similar to the sleep of animals, marked by closing of petals, leaves, etc.
3. to be dormant, quiescent, or inactive, as faculties.
4. to be careless or un-alert; allow one's alertness, vigilance, or attentiveness to lie dormant.
5. to lie in death.
–verb (used with object)
6. to take rest in (a specified kind of sleep).
7. to accommodate for sleeping; have sleeping accommodations for.
8. to spend or pass in sleep (usually followed by “away” or “out”).
9. to recover from the effects of (a headache, hangover, etc.) by sleeping (usually followed by “off” or “away”).
10.the state of a person, animal, or plant that sleeps.
11.a period of sleeping: a brief sleep.
12.dormancy or inactivity.
13.the repose of death.
14.Also "sleeper" - a globule that forms at the inner corner of the eye, especially during sleep, from the accumulated secretion of the glands of the eyelid.
Creep on unwanted
Pushing the hope of sleep
Ahead, ahead, always further
For the insomnia prompt at One Single Impression
4 hours ago