Wednesday 29 October 2008

Purr

PURR

verb
1. intr.
a. Of a cat or another feline animal: to make a low, continuous, vibratory sound taken to be expressive of satisfaction or pleasure.
b. Of a non-feline animal: to utter a sound resembling a cat's purr.

2. intr. In extended use.
a. Of a thing: to make a sound resembling a cat's purr, as that caused by rapid vibrations, boiling or bubbling liquid, the working of an engine, etc.
b. Of a person: to express chiefly pleasure or satisfaction by low, murmuring sounds; to speak in a low, soft voice, esp. seductively. Also: to behave in a self-satisfied or seductive manner.

3. trans.
To utter or express by purring; to say in a low, soft voice.






















I knew my dieting days were over
When I started to notice
Wicked chocolate bonbons purring at me.

5 comments:

Rachel Green said...

They do!

spacedlaw said...

After taking the shot, I put them back into their box and hid that at the bottom of my bag, where they can melt and decay until next cleaning round. The minxes!

Tess Kincaid said...

All chocolate purrs to me.

Jennifer Duncan said...

LOL! They certainly are alluring!

Dina said...

Ha, wonderful idea.
Next time I hear my chocolate SHOUTING at me, I'll tell it to purr instead.