1. the power of choosing, thinking, and acting for oneself; freedom from control or restriction
2. the right or privilege of access to a particular place; freedom
3. (often plural) . a social action regarded as being familiar, forward, or improper
4. (often plural) . an action that is unauthorized or unwarranted in the circumstances
5. authorized leave granted to a sailor
6. (capitalized) Italian reference to Art Nouveau
Will you hear my call, see my absence?
I am caught in a forbidden dream of waste
Named liberty and devoid of warmth.
Won’t you give me food for your thoughts?