1. a violent weather condition of strong winds, rain, hail, thunder, lightning, blowing sand, snow, etc.
2. (meteorology) . a violent gale of force 10 on the Beaufort scale reaching speeds of 55 to 63 mph
3. a strong or violent reaction
4. a direct assault on a stronghold
5. a heavy discharge or rain, as of bullets or missiles
6. to attack or capture (something) suddenly and violently
7. (intr.) to be vociferously angry
8. (intr.) to move or rush violently or angrily
9. (intr; with “it” as subject) to rain, hail, or snow hard and be very windy, often with thunder or lightning
You must be holding on to the storm.
And the shadow of grass,
This fog of broken pieces, of roses
Should be but a crimeA by-product of distressed hills.