1. pertaining to or characterized by a fixed or stationary condition.
2. showing little or no change
3. lacking movement, development, or vitality
4. (Sociology) . referring to a condition of social life bound by tradition.
5. (Electricity) . pertaining to or noting static electricity.
6. noting or pertaining to atmospheric electricity interfering with radar, radio, the sending and receiving of wireless messages, etc.
7. (Physics) . acting by mere weight without producing motion
8. (Economics) . pertaining to fixed relations, or different combinations of fixed quantities
9. (Computers) . (of data storage, processing, or programming) unaffected by the passage of time or the presence or absence of power
a. static or atmospheric electricity.
b. interference due to such electricity.
11. (Informal) . difficulty; trouble
Not so static
poetry 2017 / 089
4 hours ago