1. final permission; authorization
2. aid or encouragement
3. something, such as an ethical principle, that imparts binding force to a rule, oath, etc.
4. the penalty laid down in a law for contravention of its provisions
5. (often plural) . a coercive measure, especially one taken by one or more states against another guilty of violating international law
6. to give authority to; permit
7. to make authorized; confirm
8. to impose a sanction or penalty on
Do the cloud worry
About the angel’s sanction?
Wind carries both away