1. an accepted level or standard, such as an average
2. a state of equality
3. (finance) . the established value of the unit of one national currency in terms of the unit of another where both are based on the same metal standard
4. (business) . the condition of equality between the current market value of a share, bond, etc., and its face value (the nominal par). This equality is indicated by at par, while above ( or below) par indicates that the market value is above (or below) face value.
5. (golf) an estimated standard score for a hole or course that a good player should make
6. average or normal
7. usually prenominal . (business) of or relating to par