1. a secret plan to achieve some purpose, especially one that is illegal or underhand.
2. the story or plan of a play, novel, etc.
3. military a graphic representation of an individual or tactical setting that pinpoints an artillery target
4. (chiefly US) . a diagram or plan, especially a surveyor's map
5. to plan secretly (something illegal, revolutionary, etc.); conspire
6. (trans.) to mark (a course, as of a ship or aircraft) on a map
7. (trans.) to make a plan or map of
8. a. to locate and mark (one or more points) on a graph by means of coordinates
b. to draw (a curve) through these points
9. (trans.) to construct the plot of (a literary work)
1. a small piece of land