–verb (used without object)
1. to be frugal; get along on a scanty allowance.
2. Archaic . to cease action; desist.
–verb (used with object)
3. to limit to a certain amount, number, share, or allowance, often unduly; set limits to; restrict.
4. Archaic . to bring to an end; check.
5. a period of time spent doing something.
6. an allotted amount or piece of work.
7. limitation or restriction, especially as to amount.
8. a limited, prescribed, or expected quantity, share, rate, etc.
9. Obsolete . a pause; halt.
any of various small sandpipers of the genus Calidris, as the least sandpiper.
Love went on
For the briefest stint
Frugal wave leaving the shore
haiku 18th October 2017
6 hours ago