–verb (used with object)
1. to gather together; assemble.
2. to accumulate; make a collection of: to collect stamps.
3. to receive or compel payment of.
4. to regain control of (oneself or one's thoughts, faculties, composure, or the like).
5. to call for and take with one.
6. Manège. to bring (a horse) into a collected attitude.
7. Archaic. to infer.
–verb (used without object)
8. to gather together; assemble.
9. to accumulate.
10.to receive payment (often followed by “on”).
11.to gather or bring together books, stamps, coins, etc., usually as a hobby.
12.Manège. (of a horse) to come into a collected attitude.
13.requiring payment by the recipient
any of certain brief prayers used in Western churches especially before the epistle in the communion service.
From a rushing river bed.
The scent of fire.
haiku 23rd October 2017
23 hours ago